Why advertise in the Lincoln Squirrel?
More people get their local news online then ever before, and the most effective way to reach them is through clickable ads on a website your readers consult every day. Advantages for businesses:
- Our ads are much more affordable than newspaper ads.
- Your ad appears in full color on every single page of the Lincoln Squirrel website.
- Readers can click on your ad to go to your website.
- You’ll get an individualized report every month about how many people have visited the site and clicked on your ad (scroll down to “Seeing your results”).
- We have a loyal and growing audience—
- Since May 2016, the Squirrel has been averaging about 3,500 page views per week (see chart below).
- The open rate for daily email updates from the Squirrel is about 75%—far higher than the industry average of 16%.
- Desirable reader demographics (2015 data from City-Data.com):
Lincoln $117,252 $1,000,000+ Massachusetts $70,628 $352,100
The Lincoln Squirrel is the best way to reach not only Lincoln residents, but people everywhere who are interested in Lincoln—including area shoppers and property buyers as well as former residents and students who may have moved out of town. And if someone shares a link to a Lincoln Squirrel story, all the recipients (colleagues, friends and family, etc.) will see your ad as well. The price is low, but the potential reach is unlimited!
— NEW SIZES, WEEKLY RATES, AND LOWER PRICES!
|Sidebar ad (short)
||300 px wide, 150 px high
||$15 per week, or $50 per month|
|Sidebar ad (square)||300 px wide, 300 px high||$30 per week, or $110 per month|
|Sidebar ad (tall)||300 px wide, 450 px high||$45 per week, or $150 per month|
- You can buy an ad for just one week or as many as you like—and the weeks don’t have to be sequential. For example, you might want your ad to run every other week for a period of time.
- Ad positions rotate at random, so if there’s more than one ad, it may show up at the top sometimes, or lower down at other times. Every time a user access the site or hits “refresh,” the ads get reshuffled.
— NEW HALF-PRICE RATE!
If your ad is for a nonprofit organization, we offer a 50% discount.
— NOW FREE!
If you would like us to design your ad for no additional charge, please include in your email all the text, plus any digital images, color preferences, etc. You may also sketch your ad on paper, scan it, and mail or email the scan to show how you want it to look.
Submitting your ad
If you create and submit your own ad, your ad can feature whatever colors, images, type style and text you like. Alternatively, you can pay a one-time additional charge of $75 to have us design your ad with the text, color choices and images (if any) supplied by you.
Attach your ad to an email addressed to email@example.com along with the following information:
- Your name, telephone number and email address.
- How long you would like your ad to run.
- The address of the website you would like your ad to link to.
- Your ad attached as a digital file in PDF, JPG or PNG format.
Seeing your results
As part of your invoice, you’ll get a report on website’s overall traffic and the number of clicks on your ad:
When you receive your invoice, please make your check payable to “Watusi Words” (not “Lincoln Squirrel” or Alice Waugh)* and send it to:
The Lincoln Squirrel
178 Weston Rd.
Lincoln, MA 01773
* Watusi Words is the freelance writing and editing business owned by Lincoln Squirrel editor Alice Waugh.
- Ad positions are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The presence of an ad or its content will have no effect on editorial content (e.g., stories and calendar events) in the Lincoln Squirrel and vice versa. There will be no explicit or implicit connections between an advertiser’s ads and any editorial coverage that mentions that advertiser.
- Invoices must be paid in full within 30 days of receipt.
- Ad fees are not tax-deductible.