Tips for logging in
Here are some tips if you’re having trouble changing your password or logging in.
When you go to the login page, it will often “autofill” with your username or email address and a row of big black dots in the password field. It’s tempting to assume your passord is already entered, but if you hit “Log In” and it doesn’t work, you’ll have to erase the black dots and retype your password manually.
Don’t forget to check the “Remember Me” box if this is the first time you’ve logged in with a given password.
When you click on the “Lost Password” link, you’ll click on another next page to have a new temporary password sent to you automatically. Here’s what to do next:
- Click on the link in that automated email, which will send you to a page headlined Your Profile.
- Scroll down to “Account Management” and click on the green box that says “GENERATE PASSWORD.”
- You’ll see that the system has suggested a new random password for you that’s kind of long and full of punctuation characters. Go into that box, erase the “gobbledegook,” and type in the new permanent password you want.
- IMPORTANT! Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the box that says Update Profile so your changes will be saved.
- Now that you’re back on the Your Profile page, just hit the “Home” button at the top left of the page to see the latest news articles.
- The next time you log in with your new password, be sure to check the “Remember Me” box.
And don’t forget—you can get help by help by phone or email any time!