Historical Society hosts talk
The Lincoln Historical Society will host a talk, book-signing and reception, with Donald L. Hafner, captain of the Lincoln Minute Men and author of William Smith, Captain: Life and Death of a Soldier of the American Revolution on Sunday, April 2 at 3 p.m. in the Lincoln Public Library.
Holy Week and Easter schedule at St. Anne’s
- Sunday, April 9 — Palm Sunday services at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 13 — commemoration of the Last Supper with a Maundy Thursday service at 7 p.m. The service includes foot-washing and Holy Eucharist.
- Friday, April 14 — two Good Friday services: one at noon with the Passion gospel and venerating the cross, and a family service at 4 p.m.
- Saturday, April 15 — celebration of Holy Saturday with the Great Vigil of Easter beginning at 7 p.m. We kindle the new fire and light a new Paschal candle, and then read bible stories by candlelight. The service ends with the first Eucharist of Easter.
- Sunday, April 16 —Holy Eucharist with special music and flowers at both 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. (On April 16, there is not a Still Your Soul service.)
All are welcome at St. Anne’s in-the-Fields Episcopal Church, located at 147 Concord Road.