Below are the latest updates from the the School Building Committee (SBC), which continues to meet throughout the summer:
- There will be a tour of the new Hanscom Middle School with SBC members on Wednesday, Aug. 9 from 7–9 p.m. For Hanscom Air Force Base security purposes, those interested in attending must provide their full legal name and birthdate to Janice Gross (firstname.lastname@example.org) by noon on Thursday, Aug. 3.
- Daedalus Projects, Inc. has been hired as the Owner’s Project Manager (OPM). The OPM serves as the town’s advocate and helps communicate the planning process to the community and keep the Lincoln School project on schedule and on budget.
- The Outreach Subcommittee is reviewing feedback from the 364 “Shaping Our Town’s Evaluation Criteria” survey responses that were submitted and will provide a summary in the next few weeks.
- SBC member Craig Nicholson was appointed as a liaison to the Campus Coordinating Group, joining SBC Chair Chris Fasciano and Superintendent Becky McFall. The group was authorized by the Board of Selectmen and the School Committee to facilitate collaboration between the SBC and the Community Center Planning and Preliminary Design Committee.
- Five design firms have been selected as finalists for the Lincoln School project. The finalists will be interviewed on the evenings of August 15 and 16 starting at 6 p.m. in the Hartwell multipurpose room. The interviews are open to the public.
- The Outreach Subcommittee will meet on Thursday, Aug. 3 from 5-6:30 p.m. in the Hartwell Multipurpose Room and will begin discussions about creating the Lincoln School Project website. All are welcome to attend.