Lincolnites are invited to a ribbon-cutting ceremony to mark the completion of the Route 2/Crosby’s Corner highway improvement project on Friday, June 16 at 10 a.m. at The Commons (lower parking area) on the hillside overlooking the flyover bridge.
Scheduled speakers include:
- James Craig, chair of the Lincoln Board of Selectmen
- Mike Barrett, state senator for Lincoln and Concord
- Cory Atkins, Concord state representative
- Jonathan Gulliver, acting MassDOT highway administrator
- Peter Braun, former Lincoln selectman
- Patrick Murphy, project abutter and neighborhood organizer
Many Lincolnites participated in the project over a period of 30 years—explaining the need, lobbying for the funds, participating at every step in the design, and helping to make sure the project was constructed in accordance with the plans. Organizers hope the event will be a great way of telling the story and thanking those who participated along the way.